Friday, 24 August 2012

Friday 24th August 2012

Food diary

08.00: Whey protein shake

WORKOUT 1

10.15: Protein bread (Hemp protein, Egg white, superveg), 1 x egg, 1 x white

WORKOUT 2

13.30: Protein shake

15.30: Grilled chicken breast, avocado, salad, mustard, vinegar

16.30: Protein carrot cake, 2 x no added sugar 80% coco chocolate

20.30: Grilled chicken and vegetable skewers, 2 tbsp wholegrain rice, salad

21.30: McFlurry (oops-cheat meal!!)


Workout 1
(08.00-08.40)

40 minute cycle (20 minutes HIT + 20kg weight)

Workout 2 - Legs
(11.30-12.45)

Deadlift:
12 x 50kg (warm up), 12 x 60kg, 8 x 80kg, 4 x 100kg, 1 x 110kg, 12 x 80kg, 8 x 80kg x 2

Squats (arse to grass!)
12 x 20kg, 10 x 40kg, 8 x 50kg, 5 x 60kng (failed at bottom on 6th rep), 12 x 40kg x 3

Overhead squat:
8 x 20kg

Clean and press:
8 x 20kg, 8 x 30kg

Single leg lunges (each side)
12 x 40kg x 2


My 110kg is a PB, having put on a kilo (55kg) - I am still managing to deadlift double my body weight. Hopefully next leg session I can push it up another 2.5kg! Deadlifts do however ruin my hands!



After workout two I experienced acetone breath (sounds hot I know). This is a kind of sweet tasting (but not a nice sweet) at the back of the mouth as well as a dry mouth. It happens when the body is uses ketones as fuel - these are formed by the breakdown of fatty acids. As I don't presently want to burn fat I need to make sure I have a carbohydrate source before working large muscle groups. This will ensure that glucose (from carbohydrate and also from muscles and the liver) is the primary fuel source used to prevent the breakdown of fat or proteins.


No comments:

Post a Comment