Saturday, 25 August 2012
Saturday 25th August 2012
For some reason I had no "get up and go" this morning. Maybe it was my body informing me I needed a rest? Maybe it was the cheat McFlurry? Or maybe its the reintroduction of carbohydrates? Or maybe it was just 'one of those days'? Regardless of whatever it was, I dragged my deadlift DOMS suffering backside to the gym for a gentle arms workout.
The arms workout was motivated by a visit to Adam yesterday - who is just making sure I keep myself on track. He measured my body fat originally (14% back in July and I wanted him to recheck it. For some reason I carry all my fat on my triceps. If they alone were to predict my total body fat it would come in at a whopping 21%, however if my body fat was based on my back or tummy measurement it would bring me in at 9%, with my biceps slightly higher at 10%. So it was concluded that I am currently around 13% by Adam's readings and he feels (hopes) that my fat arms will 'melt', whilst I am dieting next year. So although I realise that I cannot target fat burning I just felt the need to work my fat arms a little!
For now I need to focus on strengthening muscles as much as possible ensuring low G.I. carbohydrates are consumed regularly. So that is what I intend to attempt to do, hopefully the addition of carbohydrates will mean I can drop of the pre-workout stimulants such as caffeine, green tea and creatine. Currently I am a bit of a caffeine addict so cutting down could help me sleep a little better.
Food diary
09.30: 50g oats and whey protein
WORKOUT
13.30: Protein muffin (@130kcal, 14.5g protein)
15.30: 4 x grilled chicken drumbstick meat
16.30: Handful cashew nuts, 5 x cherry tomatoes
18.30 Chicken stir fry, vegetables, cashews, 4 x 90% coco dark chocolate
Now I am posting this a little early as I'm heading out with the girls tonight. I have not drunk alcohol in a little while, so going to stick to just a couple of vodka and diet cokes before going out and hit the dance floor to burn off that McFlurry. Will update the blog a little later.
03.00 chicken breast, root veg crisps, 2xveggie sausages, 85% coco chocolate
Workout - Biceps and triceps
(12.00-13.15)
Incline dumbbell curls:
12 x 8kgs x 1, 6 x 10kgs x 3
Hammer curls:
12 x 10kgs x 3
Preacher curls: (hate these - hurt my wrists!)
12 x 15kgs x 3
Lying pulling dumbell curls:
8 x 18.75kg x 1, 6 x 21.25kgs x 3
Close grip barbell bench press:
10 x 20kg x 1, 10 x 25kg x 3
Decline dumbbell bench to tricep extension:
10 x 12kgs x 1, 10 x 14kgs x 3
Tricep kickbacks
12 x 12kg x 2
Tricep extension with cable pulley
20 x 18.75 x 2
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment