Monday, 27 August 2012

Monday 27th August 2012

It has been a week since I started blogging and it is helping me keep on track (most of the time). Thanks to all those for their advice so far - any suggestions are much appreciated. This week I have managed a PB on  1RM deadlift in addition to learning how to "throw" the heavier dumbbells up when doing chest and shoulders so I can now lift heavier when training these muscles!

I am still attempting to have carbs at least once a day and am going to invest in a post workout supplement with some carbs in too as this will help with the protein absorption into the muscles. BCAAs and glutamine are other supplements that I am going to fully research into a most probably give a go!

Another early post as I am off to Nandos to feed up as the past couple of days have severely lacked in protein!

Rachel x


Food diary

10.00: 50g oats, whey protein

13.00: almonds, raisins

WORKOUT

17.30: Protein shake, protein cake (whey protein, quark, eggs)

20.30: Nandos...1/2 chicken, vegetables, 1tbsp rice

21.30: Protein cake (whey protein, egg, quark, wholemeal flour)

Workout - Upper chest
(16.00-17.15)

Incline dumbbell press:
12 x 12kgs x 1, 10 x 14kgs x 1, 10 x 16kgs x 1, 6 x 18kgs x 2, 5 x 18kgs x 1, 10 x 16kgs x 1, 8 x 16kgsx1

Incline alternate arm dumbbell press:
8 x 14kgs, 18 x 12 kg x 1, 24 x 12 kg x 2, --> increased inlcline 24 x 12kgs

Incline dumbbell flye:
12 x 10kgs x 1, 10 x 12kgs x 3

Press ups to exhaustion

10 minutes core training

No comments:

Post a Comment