Sunday, 2 December 2012

Saturday 1st December 2012


I trained at The Physique Warehouse with "Coach Clive" today and it was very different than training by myself - incredibly brutal, we focused on legs and at one point I thought I might cry, I literally could not walk down the stairs afterwards. We used no free weights - just machines - that I have never seen before. Apparently the "old school" machines are the best and I will never be able to achieve the body I want using the equipment at the gym I currently go to which is slightly disheartening.

Positively however I was twice as strong as Clive thought and he admitted himself that he threw me in at the deep end to see how far I would push myself (i think a vomit meant pretty far!). He re-emphasised to me to stop worrying about body fat and focus on size and strength until January.

Clive also re-aligned my hips - took a few cracks but just makes me realise how important it is to stretch after every session.

Food diary:

07.30: 50g oats, 30g whet protein
10.30: banana, 1 egg, 2 egg whites,
11.30: protein shake

Workout

14.00: protein shake (with carbs!!)
17.00: salmon, 1/2 sweet potato, green beans, chocolate brownie
22.00: "skinny popcorn" (healthiest thing I could find in WHSmiths)
23.30: chicken, cheese, vegetables, 40g chocolate

Workout: Legs

Warm up-squat machine
3 x30

Quad dominant leg press
6 x 20r x 100kg

Glute dominant leg press
6 x 20r x 100kg

Lying hamstring curl
6 x 20r x 35kg (only negatives of last few reps of last 3 sets)

Calf raise drop set to exhaustion
6 sets 45kg, 35kg, 15kg (rep out)

No comments:

Post a Comment