Thursday, 20 December 2012

Thursday 20th December 2012

"To all those that think you are ugly because you don't have the perfect body, 
YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL,
 it's society who is ugly"

10kg and a lot of hard work later
Most of my personal training is with those suffering psychological difficulties - eating disorders, post natal depression, low self esteem etc. and this along with it coming to the end of rather challenging year has lead me to a week of "reflection".

After a very close family member was diagnosed with anoreixa nervosa 6 years ago (whom has now grown into stunning beautiful inspirational woman winning her battle with the disorder) my world was ripped apart and my self esteem at rock bottom. At 16 I was living alone balancing college, working and a huge amount of stress. My weight plummeted to 6 stone and by some miracle I fell pregnant. I call it a miracle as my little boy has completely changed my life, given me focus and unquestionable drive to succeed. 



However, despite loosing the baby weight fast, I was left with hugely negative body image. After walking away from a destructive relationship and concentrating on the most important things in my life ( my son, my family, my degree and my work) it has only been in the last year  that I have "found my feet" and am truly content . 

Deciding to train for this contest (whichever one I decide to do) has been one of the most rewarding decisions of my life. Yes it is another pressure in my busy life, but has changed my mindset, the way I think and that is vital in order to change to my body. I would even go as far to say I am starting to like my body. 


Something that has become quite evident during 2012 is to live for the moment or "enjoy the journey". I used to spend so much time concerned about the future, the destination, that I was forgetting to have fun with the now. I am incredibly lucky to have such a wonderful group of friends, colleagues and of course family  - all of which have quite happily helped to retrieve my work-life balance.

I have no doubt that 2013 is going to be the best year yet. 

Rachel x

Food diary:

07.30: Banana
Workout
10.30: Banana, whey protein
13.30: Chicken breast, green salad, beetroot
16.30: Chicken breast, boiled egg, 30g almonds, protein shake, 125g quark
20.30: Chicken breast, 25g cheese, green salad beetroot 
21.00: Protein brownie - quark, whey protein, 1 egg, stevia, coco
22.00: casein protein shake


I started taking Reflex Casein shake (strawberry) about a week ago, I find it makes a HUGE difference - I hugely increases satiety and I have absolutely no inclination to snack later on in the evening. 


Workout - chest and triceps (weights area unavaliable therefore no platforms/barbells)

Warm up - 5 minutes x trainer

Isolated gluteal kick backs (whilst waiting for training partner)
20 x 6.75kg x 6 each side

Tricep dips BW
12 x 2 sets

Tricep dips BW + 10 KG --> BW
4 --> 10 x 6

Cable flys 6.75 each side
12 x 8

Incline db press 14kg each side
12 x 8

Drop set machine press
12,12,12,12,12

Row 10 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment