After a long day at work I saw Coach Clive this evening and asked him to talk to me honestly and bluntly, his basic conclusions are:
- im holding the majority if my fat on my upper glutes and triceps - apparently common places for females
- going to need to work pretty damn hard to get lean enough in time for contest (he doesn't think I have enough time to remove enough fat from my bottom!)
- need to focus more on conditioning, stretching, and sleep
I think he realises now that I don't want to look like his normal "girls" - I don't want a square jaw and I definitely want to be natural and stay feminine. It may not be the right look for the contest he is associated with but all along I have no wanted to do this for any prize, I just want to do it for some body confidence.
He measured my entire body - calves, biceps and neck should all be equal, biceps are slightly lacking, as is the size of my lats so these are areas I need to focus on.
Bearing in mind I have been in the fitness industry for 7 years and studied Dietetics and Nutrition for 4 years the main nutrition guidelines he has give have even confused me slightly and I have felt some mixed messages. On first meeting a month back he told me to up my carbsm which I did (sweet potatoes and oats only) but I feel this has led to fat gain, which he has agreed on, however he still says I need to be gaining weight and therefore consume 3gram carbs per kilo of body weight per day, which would be be doubling my current intake - surely this will lead to further fat gains? I shall try it and see the results! If I am morbidly obese by this time next week I know that it will take a long time for my body to adapt to utilising carbohydrates again after not having them for such a long time (this suggests I have poor metabolic flexibility - something that I am writing a dissertation on for the next 7 months!)
However I really appreciate all the help that this coach is giving me, I need someone to kick me up the butt (well elbow me in the butt and crack my back) every now and then and he has a huge amount of knowledge too.
Sweet treats made to ease cravings: high protein chocolate and cherry brownies for snacks (protein powder, cherries, quarks, stevia, 100% coco, egg) and post workout oat and cinnamon cookies (whey protein, oats, stevia, butter, quark, raisins, cinnamon).
Food diary:
08.00: 50g oats, 25g whey protein (couldn't manage full bowl)
10.30: protein brownie
13.30: chicken, spinach, green beans, mustard
15.30: 3 x rice cakes, marmite
WORKOUT
17.50: protein shake, banana
21.00: chicken, sweet potato, vegetables, passata, quark, 0% yogurt, whey protein
Workout:
50 minutes olympic liftiing
12 x 12kg x 3 shoulder press db
12 x 25kg x 3 behind head barbell press
10 minutes row


No comments:
Post a Comment