Monday, 5 November 2012

Monday 5th November 2012

"Love your parents, we are so busy growing up that we often forget they are also growing old"

It was my amazing, wonderful dad's birthday today - he is my backbone and keeps me firmly grounded. He supports everything I do, regardless of whether he agrees with it or not. He told me he was proud of me tonight and had a lot respect for how hard I work - it bought a little lump to my throat to be honest. He has never really mentioned my body sculpting, as long as I am healthy he will be happy. Its only been since becoming a parent I have truly appreciated mine.




I made an error today and missed breakfast for the first time in...months. Wow - was I hangry (hungry + angry), so my workout at 1pm was fueled purely by  protein shake. I have done loads of literature reading into fasted vs fed exercise effects on fat utilisation - I am doing my BSc dissertation on it, so the results will be hugely beneficial to my training. 

Food diary:

11.00: Protein shake

WORKOUT 

14.30: Chicken breast, salad, vinegar, salad
17.30: Turkey and sweet potato soup, quark, 25g whey protein
20.45: Turkey and sweet potato soup, chicken breast
21.30: quark, 25g whey protein

Workout - chest

10 mintues x trainer

Flat bench press
Warm up, 12, 8, 8, 8, 7

Incline bench 
8, 8, - fail - needed rescuing (slightly embarrassing)

Dumbbell incline bench
12, 8, 8, 8, 8

Incline flye --> close grip dumbbell bench
10 --> 8 x 4

Alternate flat dumbbell bench
24 x 2, 20

Decline crunch
50 x 2

Cable flyes
10, 8, 8 

No comments:

Post a Comment