ARGH! I met an incredibly knowledgeable and contest winning international NABBA judge and personal trainer today. We used to train in the same gym a few years ago and the last time hew saw me I had just returned from Ghana and weighed 45kg. I decided to get in contact with him as I am feeling a little lost and he instantly responded that he would meet me today. On meeting he honestly informed me that he could tell I had put weight on by my face (cheers!).
Now to say some of things he told and showed me were shocking is an understatement, and as much as it petrified me - it sort of excited me too. He said he is happy to see me weekly to ensure I am progressing, which I am really grateful about - however understandably he said I have to be ultra dedicated and to listen but not act on others' advice as it may interfere with his - so basically I would have to trust him completely - tricky but do-able. It kind of puts me under pressure and may be the kick up the butt (and shoulder to lean on) that I need.
The main takeaway messages from today (tip of the iceberg I am quite sure) is firstly about the contests - tested vs non tested. I would never take any growth hormone or steroids to enhance my lean muscle as I want to naturally achieve my look, I would feel like I have cheated myself if I took anything to assist my physique - after all the main reason for all of this is body confidence and self challenge. So his idea was to do a warm up Miss Toned NABBA national in April, then focus mainly on Miss Toned NABBA international next October. I would quite like to partake in a tested contest too - just to compare my body with other natural competitors.
The other main points that were made today were:
- Don't do cardio (oops that is this weeks plan gone to shot)
- Include more carbs - which I am doing
- Keep gym sessions to 40 minutes (planning workouts a week in advance will be hugely beneficial with my hectic schedule)
- Eat 5-6 meals a day (which I try to do - will try harder!)
- 20 reps minimum on legs (bigger muscles need more blood, therefore more reps equates to a higher amount of blood pumped to them)
- Keep rest periods to max 50 seconds - (otherwise blood is directed away from muscles and warm up is required again, meaning not as much stress)
- Shoulders need more work - need to increase size drastically
- Bodybuilding/sculpting is an amazing sport to partake in as long as it is done safely
I was also told that if I want to compete in April I cannot afford to take another three days off weight training so to fix my cold consume even more vitamin C and zinc with every meal.
Starting to get really prepared with meals as I am out of the house all day - often 12 hours plus so tupperwear is definitely my best friend!
Mum popped over for dinner so tried her with my protein rich feast - she didnt even notice that the pudding was sugar free and had 30g protein in - yum!
Food diary:
08.00: turkey, 2 poached eggs, spinach
12.00: lean beef mince, spinach, mustard, mushrooms, beetroot
15.30: 125g quark, 30g whey protein, berries
18.00: 2 x protein biscuits
WORKOUT
20.00: protein shake
22.00: chicken, sweet potato and mustard mash, green beans, spinach
23.00: quark, 30g protein, coco powder, berries
Workout - cardio
5km run
10 minutes rower
10 minutes abs
Stretching!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment