Thursday, 11 October 2012
Thursday 11th October
I tried my first ever DTP (Dramatic Transformation Principle) session today. It was created by Kris Gethin who in Editor in Chief of Bodybuilding.com, DTP is designed to target both fast and slow twitch fibres in order to enhance and define muscle and create a fuller appearance. At the same time the heart rate is increasing causing fat burning alongside building muscle.
I really enjoyed it and it was super quick, but WOW did it hurt - and raise the heart rate hugely! It was good on my joints as well, as you go through high reps first before hitting lower reps and higher weights it didnt put as much pressure on them. I decided to kick start with my arms as these are definitely my weakest part of physique.
Two people came up to me in the gym today and asked what I was training for as I had a "good physique", which made me feel like I have made visible progress. Still a long long way to go though.
I had a high carb day today (first one ever) - I have worked out my carb cycling - will post all tomorrow, and feel really good for it. Much more energized and not a big ball of water retention as I feared! I find it easier to make a batch of protein flapjacks (200g quark, 80g whey protein, 100g oats, H2O) - it makes 5 large slices (macros: 170kcal, 22g protein, 14g carbohydrates, 2g fat) and nibble on them throughout the day.
Food diary:
WORKOUT 1
09.00: High protein flapjack (quark, whey protein, oats, water)
13.00: CNP bar
16.00: 50g oats, 30g whey protein, high protein flapjack
WORKOUT 2
20.30: High protein flapjack
22.00: Chicken, 100g wholegrain rice, salad, mushrooms, 2 x pieces chocolate
Workout 1 - cardio
15 minutes upright bike
15 minutes x-trainer
Workout 2 - DTP arms
EZ barbell curl
50 reps x 10kg bar
40 reps x 12.5kg
30 reps x 15kg
20 reps x 17.5kg
10 reps x 20kg
20 reps x 17.5kg
30 reps x 15kg
40 reps x 12.5 kg
50 reps x 10kg bar
(45 seconds rest between sets)
Tricep cable pull down
50 x 6.25kg
40 x 8.75kg
30 x 8.75kg
20 x 8.75kg
10 x 11.25kg
20 x 8.75kg
30 x 6.25kg
40 x 6.25kg
50 x 3.75kg
Barbell bicep curl > Barbell close grip curl
8 x 10kg (1 sec up, 10 sec down) > 10 x 10kg (superset x3)
10 minutes abs
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment