Thursday, 25 October 2012

Thursday 25th October 2012

Another good nights sleep, another medium carb day and another good workout - I think I have found the secret formula!

I still have some hamstring DOMs from Tuesdays session, but was ready for a quads day today. My legs have gained size quite quickly (to the extent that when my ex saw me in the gym he commented they were as big as his, maybe he is jealous?!) and since upping carbs they are obviously retaining water too. So I am going to increase reps to +20 each set to try and retain size and really define them.



Tomorrow is back and biceps, I am training with a friend who is new to weight training, and although the amount of weight we use differs it is really good to train with someone and motivate each other. However, I am in the middle of persuading one of the female gym instructors to compete with me and she seems fairly keen and motivated, so fingers crossed I will have a permanent training partner soon!

Food diary: 

09.00: Protein brownie (<100kcal, 16g protein, 1g carb)
11.00: Protein shortbread (150kcal)
14.00: Lean mince, green beans, 60g wholegrain rice
16.45: Protein brownie, 40g cashews

WORKOUT

21.30: White fish, roasted veg, 1/2 avacardo, green salad
22.00: 125g quark, 25g whey protein, 30g cashews

Workout - quads

Split stance lunges - back foot on step
15 x 12kgs x 4

Wide stance squats
16 x 40kg x 4

Alternate leg lunges
16 x 35kg x 4

Sumo squats +22kg
16 x 4

Leg press
20 x 75kg x 4

Drop set leg extension 
10x55kg, 10x45kg, 10x35kg,  10x25kg, 10x15kg,  10x5kg (hold)

My little man has really got into baking - so I thought I would film he making his favorite Smartie cookies, luckily I am not a fan of smarties so not tempted, we will make something healthier next time...he talks through is kitchen skills here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ucPxXxtstM&feature=plcp

No comments:

Post a Comment