Sunday, 10 February 2013

Sunday 10th February 2013

"The grass is always greener where you water it."
 
 
So, it is 3.30 on a miserable Sunday afternoon. I am sitting in the computer labs in my library eating my 4th meal of the day (chicken, almonds, spinach and a slice of pineapple) whilst taking a break from writing my thesis. "The Influences of food timing on the energetic, metabolic and biochemical effects of exercise training". So I thought I would write a proper blog update.
 
 I am feeling a little snoozy as popped up to London last night to celebrate a friends birthday, however have so far have managed to train my Sunday clients, clean my house, train arms heavily at the gym and write 2000 more words of my thesis, I am working on it until 6 then it is offically SNUGGLE SUNDAY (and meal prep). I hadn't seen a few of the girls for a while so they commented on how my body had changed and instead of them asking "why I wanted to be a bodybuilder" like before, they were asking "how to build their body like mine". So hopefully I have abolished a few of the "bodybuilding" and female "weightlifting" stereotypes!
 

 
Although my work has become busier than ever, which is great and I am really thankful for, I have started to be realistic with myself at what I can do. So begrudgingly started to turn clients away and pass them onto other fitness professionals that I think highly of. If I continued to work at the pace I was I would run myself into the ground and as a result my training (and happiness would suffer). My dad always says "Never get too busy making a living that you forget to make a life." It is tricky though as my work, my hobby and some friends are all based around the gym. So taking a step back and doing something different from time to time has become a priority.
 
Over the past couple of months and having met lots of new people I have really started to readdress my work:life balance and feel amazing for it.Although its still not quites the desirable 8 hours each of work, rest and play everyday, it is getting there.
 
In myself I feel amazing on my new diet compared to what I was eating before, it is slightly terrifying handing over control to someone else but its also a big stress of my shoulders so I can put time and effort into my studies and my work.
 
In terms of where my physique is at - I am feeling confident that I will get myself lean enough for the show nearer the time. I was so flat before due to having no carbohydrates that now I am eating them again I look so much "fuller". I do wake up in the morning with a severe case of "carb face" though - so unbelievably unattractive!
 
All the Miami Pro tickets are sold out now, no one I know got any which I am actually quite glad about as I think it would make me even more nervous if family/friends were there. None of my family even asked about going - they don't really understand it I don't think - which is fair enough.
 
So having had a little bit more time to think about everything - I think I am doing ok. I am working tirelessly at my studies so fingers crossed will get my Registered Dietitian status in June, my work for premier training is going well, my personal training clients are all improving, my online diet plan clients are all happy with their progress, my studio class participants all love their classes and my little monster always has a smile on his face and my training seems to be going really well! Its really tough sometimes but the everything I do I enjoy and give 100%, if 2013 continues how it has started it will be an amazing year.
 
Rachel x
 
Food diary:

07.00: 3 eggs, 3 egg whites, 30g oats, 100g fat free yogurt, 100g berries
11.30: 100g chicken, broccoli, 30g almonds, pineapple
14.30: 50g  oats, 25g whey protein
Workout
17.00: whey refresh, dextrose
18.00: 100g chicken, spinach, cucumber, celery, pineapple
22.30: salmon, asparagus, spinach, quark, casein
 
Workout - arms
 
Narrow grip pull ups 6 x 4
 
Seated bicep curls @6kg --> Tricep pulls downs @16.75kg
12 --> 15 x 6
 
Zbar isolated bicep curls 20kg --> Close grip bench press @25kg
12 --> 15 x 6
 
Standing bicep curls @ 10kg db --> tricep push down @18.75kg
12 --> 15 x 6
 
20 minutes cardio
 


No comments:

Post a Comment