Friday, 15 March 2013

Friday 15th March 2013


The three most common questions I am asked is: 

1. What is inside my fridge? Well the results are above - I keep 5 freshly prepared meals in there to ensure there is always something to grab if I am in a rush (which is most of the time). I prep at the weekends and pop some in the fridge and the rest in the freezer. I also keep my fresh asparagus and salad so I can have a nice freshly cooked meal in the evening. Only takes 2 minutes to blanch green veg and plate up with some grilled chicken. Potted jellies are for desperate measures - the ones you make up yourself are completely sugar free so much better!

(In a closed container at the back there are my little boys foods - butter, cheeses, yogurts, carrots, tomatoes, peppers, fresh sausages etc)

2. What is my weight and height? I hate people asking me this - not because I care about my weight or height - the complete opposite in fact. But I feel that individuals need to stop focusing on their weight and comparing to others. As humans we are all built completely different, different bone weight, water weight etc and comparing something so individual with someone else is utterly pointless. More focus should be on achieving a weight that is healthy for that individual but more so to improve metabolic flexibility,  fitness levels and SELF ESTEEM.


3. How many calories do I eat? This is emailed and messaged to me at least twice a day - everything I eat is written on my blog, but that is the nutrition that it right for me and only me. Most people that ask are not competing in a bikini contest in 3 weeks nor train identically to me, not do the exact work as me, or have the same hormones or sleep for the same time - so I always inform people NOT to follow my food diaries, as they will not be absolutely right for them. But to clear things up, on a rest day I eat 1200kcal and on a refeed up to 3000kcal - but crucially that is individual for me. As an UG dietitian and a PT I have used many different nutritional programs with my clients with similar goals dependent on their lifestyles, training and hormones and all variables must be considered when working with nutrition to fit it appropriately into life!

Food diary:

06.00: 6 egg whites, 30g oats
Workout - 30 minutes cardio
10.30: 30g oats, 25g protein
Workout - shoulders - I loved weight training this early!
13.30: whey refresh
14.45: 100g raw weight chicken, 20g almonds, 500g broccoli 
18.00: 100g raw weight chicken, 20g almonds, 500g broccoli
21.00: 100g raw weight chicken, 6 asparagus spears, broccoli
22.00: sugar free jelly, 25g casein protien

Workout:

Warm up: shoulder press, upright row

Superset: Shoulder db press @14kg --> seated lat raise @8kg
12 --> 12 x 6

Seated db frontal raise @8kg
24 (alt) x 6

Rear delt db raise @6kg
12 x 6

Upright bb row @20kg
12 x 4

Superset: Incline db bench press @14kg --> incline db flye @10kg

Shoulders exhaustion - RC @6kg db x 20 - horizontal + diag x 3

30 minutes cardio 


No comments:

Post a Comment