Wednesday, 12 September 2012

Wednesday 12th September 2012

Good news - I finally went shopping, I had put it off for far too long! After chatting to some fitness "keenies", I realise I need to get over my mental carb block if I want to lift more and gain strength. It might mean gaining a little fat however this should (WILL) come off when I am cutting prior to contest. So I purchased some real carbs from the supermarket  - oats, oatcakes, wholegrain rice and sweet potatoes, going to try to include these in 2-3 meals a day, as well as purchasing a post workout shake which will include a small amount of oats/barely (most will contain dextrose and/or maltodextrin) or alternatively take a 1/2 banana with a shake post workout. (I hate bananas - so this could be a challenge).


Other items on my shopping list included lots of greens and vegetables, lean beef mince, eggs, chicken, tuna, quark, almond butter, and soya milk. Its nice to have a full fridge!

Food diary

WORKOUT 1

10.00: whey protein, soya milk
12.30: 1 x egg, 3 x egg whites, 130g tuna
13.30: 150g quark, scoop whey protein
15.45: 10g oats, 1/2 protein scoop

WORKOUT 2

18.45: protein shake
20.30: 3 x oat cakes
21.45: large chicken breast, small sweet potato, green beans
22.30: quark, almond butter

Workout 1
15 minutes moderate x-trainer
15 minutes moderate cycling

Workout 2 - shoulders (stimulant free)

Cable upright row
W/U Pyramid - 15, 12, 10, 8, 6

Shoulder dumbell press
12 x 12kg x 1, 8 x 14kg x 1, 6 x 16kg x 1 8 x 14kg x 3

Front overhead barbell press
10 x 20kg x 4

Superset single arm shoulder lat raise, double shoulder lat raise
8 x 10kg, 8 x 8kg x 3

Standing dumbbell speed press
12 x 8kgs x 3

90 - 180 degree singe arm overhead raise
10 x 5kg x 2 each side



No comments:

Post a Comment