Sunday, 6 January 2013

Sunday 6th January 2012

"Confidence is key, if you don't believe in yourself then nobody will"

Bulked up, now time to cut away the fat.

13 weeks today - my first contest will be over! From how I look now I have no idea how I will manage to stand on stage in a bikini - I am struggling to simply wear a crop top to the gym. So this week I am going to do an entire session in one (it will be a morning session when hopefully the gym is quiet and I will be bloat free!!). I am hoping that if I just pretend to be body confident in a crop top - I will eventually be confident with it.

Cardio starts this week - I am going to start simply with 30 minutes 3 x a week - I have a bike at home so should be able to manage it. I have to admit however I am not very motivated to exercise at home - I much prefer being in the gym, headphones in and to zone out for a little bit. But with my little man, uni and work I think I am just going to have to fit it in any way I can. I am also starting a new studio class this week so teaching this will add an hours cardio to my week.

In terms of resistance training workouts I am going to continue to split body parts up, adding in some abdominal work (hoping this wont make me too "chunky") and alternate biweekly between super setting and higher weight strength training on a particular muscle group. This will help increase fat burning but also retain strength and size. (I'm hoping)

I started taking colostrum a little while ago - and I strongly recommend it - it took me a good few weeks to get used to the taste but I have noticed some gains from it, and most importantly I haven't been ill or felt fatigued.

More food prep was done today - in fact 1.8kg of chicken was cooked, sliced and separated. I pop this in the fridge of freezer then just add salad/veg as needed. This will last me about 16 meals. I prep my food simply for ease and time management, but I am not and never will let myself get "obsessed" with it, I am dedicated but there are obviously more important things in my life than tuppawear containers of meat and veg. So if I get invited for dinner I go - but I choose wisely. I don't think it is healthy to be obsessed over anything in life, the most important thing is to enjoy what you are doing, make others happy and HAVE FUN!


Food diary:

07.00: 2 eggs, spinach
10.30: white fish, green beans, 25g almonds
13.30: chicken, beetroot, salad
16.30 banana, protein shake
WORKOUT
19.00: banana, protein shake
21.00: chicken, vegetables, passata, 125g quark, 3 tbsp fat free greek yoghurt, protein shake, 25g almonds

Workout - shoulders

Warm up 5 minutes stepper

Shoulder press warm up

Shoulder press db 12kg --> seated lateral raise 6kg
12 --> 12 x 6 sets

Overhead barbell press 20kg --> close grip upright row 20kg
12 --> 12 x 6 sets

Standing lateral raise
12 x 8kg x 3 sets

Standing frontal raise --> diagonal raise
12 --> 12 x 3 sets

30 minutes stepper (first 30 minutes cardio I have done in a LONG time!!)

Hobbs' easy peasy protein cookies...


(Makes 10)
125g quark
70g whey protein (I use reflex vanilla)
30g ground almonds
5g stevia
5 toffee drops (I use My Protein)
15g coco nibs/almonds
50ml Cara milk/water

These are so easy to make - literally mix all the ingredients together in a bowl - the mixture will be runny so just spoon tablespoonfuls onto baking paper and cook for 10-12 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment